Welcome to the Thank A Veteran Program
The Thank A Vet Program was conceived as a way of giving back to the veterans who have
served our country through the armed forces. This program extends to all branches of the military
and offers our service men and women an opportunity to receive our thanks through discounts at
participating merchants like yours.
Saying "thank you" is easy and completely voluntary with the Thank A
To enroll, merchants should:
- Read, fill out, sign and submit the Merchant Participation Form
- Email ThankAVet@nuecesco.com to have the participating merchant Thank A Veteran
decal sent out and place in a visible area
- Offer a discount to any veteran who presents the County Clerk-issued Thank A Veteran ID card
The veteran ID card is issued after that veteran files his or her DD-214 Separation papers
with the County Clerk’s Office. Both the card and the filing are free of charge to the Veteran.
DD-214 papers are non-public records and are filed with our office for safekeeping. These records
are viewable ONLY by the veteran and his or her immediate family.
The benefits of participation are rewarding for both merchant and veteran:
- Veterans are shown gratitude for their sacrifices and loyalty to country through a
discount at participating merchants
- Merchants are given an opportunity to give back to our veterans
- Participating merchants will be listed on the County Clerk’s website
A brochure that details the program’s purpose and benefits, along with the enrollment
form, and merchant decal can be found in the Thank A Vet folder. If you’d like more information
about the program, please contact our sponsor coordinator Lidia Green at 361.888.0862, or by
e-mailing her at Email ThankAVet@nuecesco.com
Thank you again for helping to give back to those who have served us.
Nueces County Clerk